FAQ: Information for Parents/Guarantors for University Apartments Chapel Hill


Are you pet-friendly?

  • Yes! We are pet-friendly at University Apartments. All pets should be registered with the office and noted on your lease agreement. There is a non-refundable pet fee of $300 and a monthly pet rent of $60. Not sure if your pet is allowed? Call our office!

How can I pay my rent?

  • Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid in the office with a check or money order. If you prefer to pay with a credit or debit card, you can set up one-time or recurring payments through Resident Portal.

What are your lease terms?

  • We offer a term lease beginning August 15th through July 31st of the following year for a flat fee. This sum can be paid in full, in semester installments, or in monthly installments due on the first of each month.

How do I make a maintenance request?


Do I need a lease guarantor?

  • In order to waive your security deposit, you will need to have an approved guarantor. We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor or security deposit on all leases. The security deposit is equal to two months’ rent. Learn more by calling our office today!

Are utilities included?

  • Yes. We include all utilities (electricity, water, sewer, trash, and pest control). Plus there is NO utility cap! Internet is also included!

Is off- street parking available?

  • Yes! Residents can park on-site for an additional $25/mo. Space is limited so be sure to select the parking option when you sign your lease!

What is included in the furniture package?

  • All of our apartments come fully-furnished! We include a faux leather loveseat and club chair, an end table, a desk and chair, an entertainment stand, and a dining table with 2 chairs. Our bedrooms are furnished with a full-size mattress and frame and a stackable dresser set. Our shared floor plan comes with two twin beds, two dresser sets, and two desk and chair sets.

Is Renter's Insurance Required?

  • Yes, our community requires each resident to carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage. We also recommend residents purchase content coverage (also known as personal property insurance) to cover your personal belongings.

Important Documents & Disclosures


Past Resident Portal

  • If you are a past resident, please use our Prospect Portal to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.